I love ideas that elevate our spirit and make us feel part of something bigger than ourselves. As a Visual Strategist with The Studio at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Lab, I draw from my background in anthropology, advertising, and art/science learning to create experiences that activate people's imagination and invite them to think more deeply about the questions that drive science and technology forward. A central theme to my work is the relationship between imagination and the desire to explore.
Outside of JPL, I work as a independent artist and co-founder of the Museum of Awe, developed to leave visitors feeling the gift and privilege of being alive.
Below is an interview of how I wound up at JPL and some thoughts on how I approach my work.
• TEDx Orange Coast
• Campfireball: Los Angeles
• SXSWedu: Austin
• InnovateSoCal: Long Beach • TEDx KISH
• TEDx EAL Denmark
• PCBC: San Diego
• AIGA Design 2015 New Orleans
• Spacefest 2015 Seattle
• ING Creative Festival: Dubai
• The Art and Science of Awe: UC Berkley
• Museum of the Future, Futures Workshop: Amsterdam
• AIA Conference 2016, Orlando